phone: +39 095 738 5141
- Degree in Chemistry,UniversityofCatania, 1992
- Ph.D. in Chemistry,UniversityofCatania, 1996
- Management Committee member of the Consorzio Interuniversitario Istituto Nazionale Biostrutture e Bioimmagini (I.N.B.B.) 6/2013-
- National Coordinator Gruppo Divisionale Spettroscopia Analitica (Italian Chemical Society) 2013-
- Management Committee substitute member European COST Action TD1003 Bio-inspired nanotechnologies: from concepts to applications, 2011
- Head of Biomolecular Chemistry Degree Course (Laurea Magistrale) 2010-
- Member of the Steering Committee of the Gruppo Interdivisionale Spettroscopie Raman ed Effetti Ottici non Lineari (Italian Chemical Society) 2009-2012
- Member of the Steering Committee of Gruppo Divisionale Spettroscopia Analitica (Italian Chemical Society) 2009-2012
- Member of the Steering Committee of the Department of Chemical Sciences 2007-2010
- Teaching body International Ph.D. course on Nanoscience, Scuola Superiore di Catania, 2007-2010
- Teaching body International Ph.D. course on Translational Biomedicine, Scuola Superiore di Catania, 2010-
- Full Professor of Analytical Chemistry, University of Catania, 2005 –
- Research Associate, Institute of Biostructure and Bioimaging, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, 2004 –
- Assistant Professor, University of Catania, 2003 – 2005
- Member of the scientific committee of the SIDART MASTER course,UniversityofLecce.
- Visiting Researcher, Department of Chemistry,UniversityofLeicester(U.K.) 2001
- Visiting Researcher, Interface Analysis Centre,BristolUniversity (U.K.), 1994
- Accademia Gioenia Award for Chemistry 1994
- The Best Researcher Award, University of Catania, 2013
- V Seminario Nazionale di Spettroscopia Analitica, Gargnano, 2001.
- IV Scuola Nazionale di Chimica per i Beni Culturali. Vetro e Ceramica, Altare (SV), 2002.
- UniversityofLecce, 15 November 2002,Lecce.
- UniversityofParma, 21 September 2004,Parma
- Neotron, 17 March 2006, Modena
- STMicroelectronics, 24 Maj 2006, Catania
- Scuola Nazionale di Chimica Analitica per Dottorandi, 26 September 2006, Rome
- LASERION 2007, 1-6 July 2007 Tegernsee, (Germany).
- Nano-Bio-Photonics: Converging Science and Technologies Status and Perspectives, 14 September 2007, Rome.
- TECHNART 2011, 26 29 April 2011Berlin, (Germany) .
- NANOMED Italy-Sweden Bilateral Meeting, 29-30 Settember,Stockholm, (Sweden).
- UniversityofTorino, 21 October 2011,Torino.
- Advanced laser-based techniques in art conservation, diagnostics and analysis,FORTH, Heraklion, 22 June 2012, (Grece)
- Department of Chemistry, UniversityofCrete, 23 June 2012, (Grece).
- XXIII National Congress of the Analytical Chemistry Division Italian Chemical Society, 20 September 2012 (Keynote Lecture)
- Micro and Nanosystems in Biochemical Analysis, 17-20 October 2012,Warsaw,Poland
- Bioelectrochemistry 2013, 17-21 March 2013,Bochum,Germany
- Laserion 2013, 3-6 July 2013,Tegernsee,Germany.
- Biosensori per l’ambiente e per la salute, 9-10 October 2007, Rome,.
- FirstBioInterfaceSchool, 16 Novembre 2007,Lecce.
- SCI National Congress Calabria and Sicilia, 4- Dicembre 2007, Messina (Plenary Lecture).
- European Materials Research Society Spring Meeting,Strasbourg(France), 2009.
- CNR,Bologna, 15 June 2010.
- LASERION 2010, 7-10 July 2010 Tegernsee, (Germany)
- A.T.S. s.r.l.contract 2004.
- Prin 2005, (Research and University Minister)
- Neotron contract 2006
- Meridionale Impianti S.p.A. 2006
- Prin 2007, (Research and University Minister)
- Prin 2009, (Research and University Minister)
- Dipietrogroup s.r.l. contract 2012
- HIPPOCRATES, PON02_00355, 2012, (Research and University Minister)
- Plast_ICs, PON02_00355_3416798, 2012, (Research and University Minister)
- PROFOOD, PON02_00451_3133441, 2012, (Research and University Minister)
- NANOMAX, CNR, 2013
- · COST Action TD1003 Bio-inspired nanotechnologies: from concepts to applications. Managment Committee substituent member
Member of the Editorial Board
- International Journal of Analytical Chemistry
- The Open Spectroscopy Journal.
- Analytical & Bioanalytical Chemistry, Springer (Germany)
- Analytical Chemistry, American Chemical Society (USA)
- Angewandte Chemie, WILEY-VCH, Weinheim, (Germany)
- Applied Physics A, Springer, (Germany)
- Applied Spectroscopy, Society for Applied Spectroscopy, (USA)
- Biosensor and Bioelectronics, Elsevier (The Netherland)
- Journal of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry, Elsevier (The Netherland)
- Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, Springer, (Germany)
- Langmuir, American Chemical Society (USA)
- Medicinal Research Reviews, Wiley Interscience (USA)
- Sensors & Actuators B, Elsevier (The Netherland)
- Sensor Letters, American Scientific Publishers (USA)
- Termochimica Acta, Elsevier (The Netherland).
- Microfluidics and Biosensors.
- Surface plasmon resonance imaging and mass spectrometry for the study of biomolecular interactions.
- Molecular and biomolecular materials at the solid/liquid interface
- Spatially resolved spectroscopic and spectrometric methods for the study of materials of interest for art and archaeology
- Modern Analytical Methods in Art and Archaeology, E. Ciliberto, G. Spoto, Eds., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 2000.
- Detection of Non-Amplified Genomic DNA, G. Spoto, R. Corradini, Eds., Springer, 2012.
He has authored some eighty papers that have been published in peer-reviewed international journals and in book chapters.
Advanced Analytical Methodologies